Senior Lecturer in Tourism & Event Management
Department of Marketing and Tourism
Lincoln International Business School
About Dora Agapito
Dora Agapito is a Senior Lecturer in Tourism & Event Management in Lincoln International Business School
Destination Marketing, Tourism Management, Visitor Experience
PhD in Tourism
— Faculty of Economics, University of Algarve, 2013
Msc in Marketing
— Faculty of Economics, University of Algarve, 2010
BA in Communication Sciences
— School of Education and Communication, University of Algarve, 2006
Certificate of Outstanding Contribution for Reviewing by Tourism Management 2015
— Tourism Management ,
2nd Best Paper Award at 1st International Conference on Applied Methods in Social Sciences: The Multidimensional Aspects of Spatial Analyses: “Sensescapes and Tourism: Exploring the Potential of Spatial Information”
— Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics (CIEO),
Grant award for the master dissertation "The image of Lagos as a Tourist Destination: Perspective of Tourists versus Perspective of Residents"
— Lagos City Council Portugal,
Merit undergradute scholarship (academic year 2004-2005)
— University of Algarve, Portugal,
Research Groups Memberships
Researcher in the international project “Box: Imagineering Future Services”. Promoter: Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences (Finland)
— awarded £1000000 by Tekes – The Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation in 2016
Coordinator of the national project “The Design as an Indicator of Innovation, Creativity and Competitiveness”: Diagnostic study for the Design in Portugal. Partnership between the Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics (CIEO) and the Designers National Association (AND)
— Partially funded by Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology in 2015
Researcher in the project “Ceratonia - Quality Modelling and Monitoring in Tourist Destinations"
— Caixa Geral de Depósitos and University of Algarve, Portugal in 2013
Research “A Imagem de Lagos enquanto Destino Turístico: Perspetiva dos Turistas versus Perspetiva dos Residentes” (The image of Lagos as a Tourist Destination: Perspective of Tourists versus Perspective of Residents) - research grant for master dissertation
— Council of Lagos, Portugal in 2010
- Barreira, Ana Paula and Agapito, Dora and Panagopoulos, Thomas and Guimarães, Maria Helena (2017) Exploring residential satisfaction in shrinking cities: a decision-tree approach. Urban Research & Practice, 10 (2). pp. 156-177. ISSN 1753-5069
- Agapito, Dora and Pinto, Patrícia and Mendes, Júlio (2017) Tourists' memories, sensory impressions and loyalty: in loco and post-visit study in Southwest Portugal. Tourism Management, 58 . pp. 108-118. ISSN 0261-5177
- Cesário, Marisa and Agapito, Dora and Almeida, Helena and Fernandes, Sílvia (2017) The use of design as a strategic tool for innovation: an analysis for different firms' networking behaviours. European Planning Studies, 25 (11). pp. 2097-2116. ISSN 0965-4313
- Agapito, Dora and Patricia, Valle and Júlio, Mendes (2014) The sensory dimension of tourist experiences: capturing meaningful sensory-based themes in Southwest Portugal. Tourism Management, 42 . pp. 224-237. ISSN 0261-5177
- Agapito, Dora and Mendes, Júlio and Valle, Patricia (2013) The cognitive-affective-conative model of destination image: a confirmatory analysis. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 30 (5). pp. 471-481. ISSN 1054-8408
- Agapito, Dora and Mendes, Júlio and Patrícia, Valle (2013) Conceptualizing the sensory dimension of tourist experiences. Journal of Destination Marketing and Management, 2 (2). pp. 62-73. ISSN 2212-571X
- Cesario, M. and Agapito, Dora and Almeida, H. and Fernandes, S. (2018) The use of design as a strategic tool for innovation: an analysis for different firms' networking behaviours. In: Innovation in SMEs and Micro Firms: Culture, Entrepreneurial Dynamics and Regional Development. Routledge. ISBN 9781138498426
- Silva, Joao Albino and Agapito, Dora and Pinto, Patricia (2017) Measuring the quality of tourist destinations: a Portuguese case. In: Knowledge transfer to and within tourism: academic, industry and government bridges. Bridging Tourism Theory and Practice, 8 . Emerald Publishing Limited, pp. 221-237. ISBN 9781787144064
- Agapito, Dora and Almeida, Hugo and Campos, Ana Claudia (2016) Sensations, Perception, and Co-creation in Rural Tourism Experiences. In: Meeting Challenges for Rural Tourism through Co-Creation of Sustainable Tourist Experiences. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle upon Tyne, pp. 39-60. ISBN 978-1-4438-9488-3, 1-4438-9488-5
- Agapito, Dora (2018) The contribution of external factors to the marketing management of appealing hospitality experiences: Testing a framework in a rural tourism context. In: 8th Advances in Hospitality and Tourism Marketing and Management conference, June 25-29, 2018., Bangkok, Thailand.
- Agapito, Dora and et, al. (2018) The contribution of external factors to the marketing management of appealing hospitality experiences. In: LIBS Research Showcase, June 13, 2018, University of Lincoln.
- Agapito, Dora (2018) A contribution to marketing sustainable and innovative sensory-themed tourist experiences in rural destinations. In: International Conference on Sustainable Tourism, 17-18 May 2018, Hong Kong.