Lincoln School of Film and Media
College of Arts
About Adam O'Meara
Adam OMeara is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Film and Media.
I’ve been held by the power and magic of photography for the past 28 years. I possess an obsessive curiosity about our world and our material culture. Early on in my photographic education, whilst studying Documentary Photography at Newport School of Art and Design, I realised the potential of representing material culture through a photographic process, could disrupt and engage audiences in reconsidering their relation to our world and the image.
Module coordinator and lecturing on undergraduate and post-graduate photography modules.
Documentary and Conceptual Photography and Film
— De Montfort University, 2003
BA (Hons) Film and Photography
— Newport School of Art and Design, 1996
- Coley, Rob and Lockwood, Dean and OMeara, Adam and McSherry, David (2014) Three moments. Photomediations Machine . ISSN UNSPECIFIED
- Coley, Rob and Lockwood, Dean and Omeara, Adam (2012) Deleuze and Guattari and photography education. Rhizomes: Cultural Studies in Emerging Knowledge, 23 . ISSN 1555-9998
- O'Meara, Adam (2012) Foils & White van. Source: The Photographic Review, Issue (Summer). pp. 42-51. ISSN 1369-2224
- OMeara, Adam (2018) Failed Experiment - An ecocritism of landscape and environmental photography. In: Northern Light: Landscape Photography and Evocations of the North, 2-3 July 2018, Sheffield Hallam University.
- Coley, Rob and Lockwood, Dean and OMeara, Adam (2014) As above, so below: triangulating drone culture. In: As Above, So Below: A Colloquium on Drone Culture, 24 May, 2014, University of Lincoln.
- Coley, Rob and Kearns, Janice and OMeara, Adam (2014) The ins and outs of imaging: community filmmaking beyond representation. In: Community Filmmaking and Cultural Diversity: Practice, Innovation and Policy, 22-23 January, 2014, BFI Southbank.
- Coley, Rob and Lockwood, Dean and OMeara, Adam (2013) Refraining photography for a post-media era. In: On the Verge of Photography: Imaging, Mobile Art, Humans & Computers, 24-25 May, 2013, Birmingham School of Art.
- Genever, Kate and Omeara, Adam (2011) What is rural? In: 'What is Rural?' A one day symposium, Friday 18 March 2011, The Collection, 1 Danes Terrace, Lincoln LN2 1LP.
- Coley, Rob and Lockwood, Dean and OMeara, Adam and McSherry, David (2015) Three moments. [Event, Show or Exhibition]
- Coley, Rob and OMeara, Adam (2013) Commonly un/grounded. [Event, Show or Exhibition]
- Genever, Kate and Omeara, Adam (2011) Taskscape. [Event, Show or Exhibition]
Programme Leader - MA Photography — 2013 to 2016
Coordinator - MED9027M Photographic Practice 1 — 2013 to Present
Coordinator - MED2025M Photography Projects — 2003 to Present
Lecturer - MED1011M Photography — 2003 to Present
Lecturer - MED3017M Projects — 2018 to Present
Lecturer - MED3018M Projects — 2018 to Present
Lecturer - MDS2003M Contemporary Media Practice — 2017 to Present
Lecturer - MED9029M Rethinking Society in the 21st Century — 2013 to Present
Lecturer - MED9032M Human, Inhuman in the 21st Century — 2013 to Present
Lecturer - MED9015M Creative Industries Case Study — 2018 to Present
Lecturer - PTG1010M Contemporary Photography Practices — 2018 to Present
Lecturer - PTG1014M Personal And Professional Practice: Beyond The Frame — 2018 to Present
Lecturer - MED3016M Community Education & Mentoring — 2016 to 2018
Lecturer - MED3004M Projects — 2003 to 2018
Lecturer - MED3005M Projects — 2003 to 2018
Coordinator - MED9030M Photographic Practice 2 — 2013 to 2018
Coordinator - MED9034M Advanced Photographic Practice — 2015 to 2017