Lincoln International Business School Executive Office
Lincoln International Business School
About Jane Deville
I joined Lincoln International Business School in September 2014 as Project Coordinator for an Onlincolnshire programme funded through the ERDF and since then have worked on a variety of research projects both in the Business School and Health and Social Care. My research focuses on issues around the provision of services to businesses and communities, primarily in rural areas. This has included developing business-university collaborations with a focus on digital technology and conducting evaluations of community based NHS services. I am currently undertaking the role of the Business School’s Impact Officer assisting academics in creating and identifying non-academic impact from their research work.
I previously worked as Principal Research Officer for the Economic Regeneration arm of Lincolnshire County Council where I managed and conducted research on a range of socio-economic issues. Prior to my involvement in economic development I completed a PhD and was a Research Associate at the University of Cambridge examining the impact of house design on House Dust Mite populations ( http://www.ucl.ac.uk/bartlett-housedustmites/Publications/Publications/Findings_FourPages.pdf published as Jane Horwood).
PhD (soil zoology)
— University of Central Lancashire, 2000
Msc Environmental Science
— University of Wolverhampton, 1996
— University of Leeds, 1995
Winston Church Travelling Fellowship
— Winston Churchill Memorial Trust,
PhD Bursary (Fully funded competitive award)
— University of Central Lancashire and RSPB,
MSc Bursary (Full funded competitive award)
— European Social Fund,
Evaluation of a new Rehabilitation Medicine Community Outreach Service
— awarded £9500 by United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust in 2015
Evaluation of the Lincolnshire Carers & Young Carers Partnership (LCYCP) Older Carers Project
— awarded £22340 by Lincolnshire County Council in 2015
Controlling House Dust Mites by Environmental Means
— EPSRC in 2002
- Deville, Jane and Nelson, David and Kane, Ros and Duff, Carol (2016) The Community Rehabilitation Outreach Team: a local evaluation examining the views of service users. In: College of Social Science Research Showcase, 4 July 2016, University of Lincoln.
- Deville, Jane and Nelson, David (2016) The ULHT Rehabilitation Outreach Team: an evaluation involving patients, staff and stakeholders across Lincolnshire. In: University of Lincoln and Lincolnshire Community Health Services (LCHS) NHS Trust Research Forum, 20 April 2016, Lincoln.
- Wilkinson, Toby and Horwood, Jane and Cox, Phil and Crowther, David and Ridley, Ian and Pretlove, Stephen and Oreszczyn, Tadj (2002) Factors affecting the carrying capacity (K) of a mattress for the house dust mite Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus (Acari: Pyroglyphidae). In: 11th International Congress of Acarology, 8-13 September 2002, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico.
- Pretlove, Stephen and Ridley, Ian and Horwood, Jane and Leung, Brian and Cox, Phil and Thomson, D. and Baker, Nick and Crowther, David and Oreszczyn, Tadj (2001) A combined transient hygrothermal and population model of house dust mites in beds. In: ASHRAE IAQ 2001 conference, 4 - 7 November 2001, San Francisco.
- Crowther, David and Oreszczyn, Tadj and Pretlove, Stephen and Ridley, Ian and Horwood, Jane and Cox, Phil and Leung, Brian (2001) Controlling house mites through ventilation: the development of a model of mite response to varying hygrothermal conditions. In: Biocontaminants de l’air intérieur: Effets sur la santé et prévention, International Society of the Built Environment, 15 June 2001, Dijon, France.
- Deville, Jane and Davies, Helen and Kane, Ros (2016) Evaluation of the Older Carers Project [delivered by Every-One (formally known as Lincolnshire Carers and Young Carers Partnership, LCYCP)]. Project Report. University of Lincoln.
- Fuller, Ted and Bosworth, Gary and Deville, Jane (2016) Onlincolnshire Knowledge Base Collaboration. Project Report. Lincolnshire County Council.
- Deville, Jane and Nelson, David and Duff, Carol and Kane, Ros (2015) Evaluation of the Rehabilitation Medicine Community Outreach Team: Lincolnshire. Project Report. University of Lincoln.